We Have Answers For Your Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
Why does my home comfort system need regular maintenance?
Will my new furnace work differently than my old one?
Additionally, new furnaces are designed to work with other high-efficiency HVAC products, such as air conditioners. The air conditioner blowers give your heating system an extra boost so it can deliver cool air around your home efficiently. Special features like variable speed motors will also help reduce noise associated with operating your equipment and easily meet your family’s airflow needs.
What is the energy efficiency standard for air conditioners?
How can I reduce my energy costs?
- Routine maintenance – regularly having a professional tune-up your equipment will keep it operating at its peak potential.
- Adding a zoning system – by focusing your heating and cooling on the rooms you use most frequently, you won’t have to pay to heat or cool areas of your home that aren’t used regularly.
- Installing a programmable thermostat – the Department of Energy estimates that a programmable thermostat can decrease heating costs by up to 35 percent and cooling costs by up to 25 percent. Leave it up to your thermostat to turn down the heat when you’re not around and go back to your preferred temperature when you’re home.
Why should I buy a Trane product?
- You know and trust the name – Trane is known around the world for its quality home comfort products.
- Innovation and high quality – Trane is an industry leader, providing a complete line of innovative solutions for your home comfort needs.
- Commitment to excellence – We are dedicated to offering customers not only quality products, but also quality service. You can trust Trane dealers, like those of us at Sun Air Conditioning and Heating, to help you choose the right system for your home, expertly install it, and keep it operating smoothly every time.
How does an air conditioner work?
Can frost, ice, dirt or other debris keep the outdoor unit of my cooling system from operating effectively?
Why is my cooling unit freezing up?
What is a heat pump?
When replacing the outdoor unit, should the indoor unit also be replaced?
- Today, outdoor systems are built to work with their matching indoor system for the most efficiency. When you replace one system but not the other, you may not see the same energy efficiency levels as if you had replaced them together.
- Thanks to technological innovation, newer systems mean increased efficiency. This is also true for HVAC systems. While the advancements focus on greater heating and cooling efficiency, they also include benefits such as better air handling, filtering and noise reduction.
- If your heating and cooling systems are 10+ years old, they need to be replaced. Older models have outdated technology that is likely contributing to higher energy bills due to poor efficiency. So by replacing your indoor system at the same time as your outdoor equipment, both your systems will provide better energy efficiency that helps you decrease your energy bills and keep your home more comfortable.